FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stand-Out Star of NBC’s The Sing-Off Debuts New Album
Jeremy Lister releases The Bed You Made
Having been recently recognized by Rolling Stone as a vibrant hub for new music, it's no longer a secret that one of Nashville’s hidden treasures is its indie rock scene. A key contributor to the musical landscape of Nashville, Jeremy Lister has been captivating audiences throughout the southeast for years. Lister, whose music has been heard on ER, Grey's Anatomy, and MTV's The Hills, was also voted "Best Singer-Songwriter" in the Nashville Scene's Reader's Poll. Now, fresh off the helm of Season Two of NBC's The Sing-Off, Lister’s long-awaited album, The Bed You Made, has been released digitally and features special guest Alison Krauss.
“I’ve been working on this album for many years now. During that time, I’ve been through many ups and downs, and The Bed You Made tells the story of those highs and lows,” explains Lister.
Among his multitude of fans is GRAMMY Award Winner Alison Krauss who lends her vocals to “Sinking Stone,” “You and I,” and “Gravity.” “Justice will have been served when Jeremy Lister is a household name,” says Krauss. A true believer in Lister’s talent, she also recorded “Sinking Stone,” for her current album, Paper Airplane, which was released earlier this month.
Drawing in flocks of new fans on the second season of NBC’s national television series, The Sing-Off, Jeremy showcased his talent with his a cappella group Street Corner Symphony. The six-man troupe ultimately placed second in the competition, catching the undivided attention of judge and experienced songsmith, Ben Folds, who immediately invited the group out on the road with him for a string of tour dates.
“Jeremy Lister is a proper singer; distinct and powerful, never overbearing. He has a voice you can trust, one that tells stories,” says Folds. “At the same time he's technically gifted in the old school sense - the kind of rare singer these days who would never have to rely on technology, or even a second take.”
In reflecting on his accomplishments of the past year, Lister notes, “The last year has been a whirlwind for me, from getting out of my record deal to the success of Street Corner Symphony on The Sing-Off. The wait has been worth it and I’m elated to finally share this album with my fans and hopefully make some new ones along the way.”
The Bed You Made was produced by Ian Fitchuk and Justin Loucks, who have worked with artists likeAmy Grant, Mindy Smith, and Griffin House. All of the tracks on this album were written or co-written by Lister.
The Bed You Made track listing:
1. Turn The Pages (Jeremy Lister / James Bryan / Martin Terefe)
2. Do What You Have To (Jeremy Lister / Ben Glover / Jason Lehning)
3. Gravity featuring Alison Krauss (Jeremy Lister / Nick Trevisick)
4. Picturing You (Jeremy Lister / K.S. Rhoads)
5. Last Days (Jeremy Lister / Steve Sulikowski / Mike K)
6. Sinking Stone featuring Alison Krauss (Jeremy Lister)
7. Some Other Time (Jeremy Lister / Steve McEwan)
8. You And I featuring Alison Krauss (Jeremy Lister / James Bryan)
9. Save Me (Jeremy Lister / Greg Wells)
10. Stars On The Ceiling (Jeremy Lister / Kevin Griffin)
11. The Bed You Made (Jeremy Lister)
12. I’m Sorry I’m Killing You (Jeremy Lister / Ben Glover / Jason Lehning)